Tucson CitizenTucson Citizen

Spring brings hazards for pets

Spring is abloom with foliage, flowers – and plenty of hazards for your pet, says a news release from the Humane Society of Southern Arizona.

Antifreeze is a major hazard and can cause kidney failure, depression, seizures, vomiting and death.

Pets that have ingested antifreeze should be taken to the vet immediately, the release said.

Keep all antifreeze in a sealed, leakproof container, don’t pour any on the ground and check for antifreeze puddles that may have leaked from the car.

The society also warns against poisoning from products such as cleansers, paints, turpentine, bug sprays and other pesticides. Rotten food and old medicines are also hazards.

Keep these products out of pets’ reach and dispose of them properly. Some pets like to rummage through the garbage, so dispose of such waste in containers pets cannot access, the release said.

Citizen Online Archive, 2006-2009

This archive contains all the stories that appeared on the Tucson Citizen's website from mid-2006 to June 1, 2009.

In 2010, a power surge fried a server that contained all of videos linked to dozens of stories in this archive. Also, a server that contained all of the databases for dozens of stories was accidentally erased, so all of those links are broken as well. However, all of the text and photos that accompanied some stories have been preserved.

For all of the stories that were archived by the Tucson Citizen newspaper's library in a digital archive between 1993 and 2009, go to Morgue Part 2

Search site | Terms of service