Earth Day is upon us, and so is an ever-worsening economy. The April 14 issue of Woman’s Day can help you do right by the planet, as well as by your bank account.
Here are some minor changes you can incorporate into your daily life that that can bring about great change:
• Drink tap water instead of buying bottled.
• Take stock of beauty products you use and try eliminating three of them. You’ll save money and have less packaging to throw away.
• Ditch the paper towels. They’re a big source of waste. Use old kitchen towels or a sponge instead.
• Eat less meat. Make a vegetarian dinner one night a week. You’ll save cash and lessen agriculture-related pollutants.
• Cut down on packaging waste in your laundry room by buying the smaller-size “ultra” or concentrated detergent.