Divorce Recovery Inc. is 100 percent volunteer run, with more than 100 trained leaders serving the Tucson community. Most of them have experienced divorce – either themselves or as children of divorce – and bring a unique compassion and understanding to Divorce Recovery.
The group offers Education for Life Seminars, periodic educational support groups conducted by experienced leaders. In the April 25 From Abandonment to Healing workshop, Susan Anderson presents techniques that help regain balance and self-identity after loss. It will be 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 924 N Alvernon Way. Fees are $65 in advance, $75 at the door.
Divorce Recovery also offers regular groups free of charge led by the trained volunteers including:
• Divorce Recovery I – helps participants come to accept the end of a relationship, and to understand the divorce transition.
• Children of Divorce – (ages 3-18) helps parents and children establish better communication about the divorce transition.
• Living in Step – helps those in or about to enter/form a stepfamily.
• Finances after Loss- provides an opportunity to talk with a certified divorce financial planner.
• Divorce Recovery II: Saying Goodbye – deals with the emotional and psychological aspects of divorce.
• Divorce Recovery III: Beginning Again – to help participants regain a stronger sense of their self-image, and to regain trust in their ability to make sound decisions.
Go to divorcerecovery.net for information on support group dates and locations, or call 495-0704.
For more parenting information, go to the Tucson nonprofit New Parents Network’s Web site, www.npn.org.