Tucson CitizenTucson Citizen

Soldering ignites fire, displaces family

A house fire that did $25,000 of damage Friday has left a man, his wife and dog without a place to live.

Tucson Fire Capt. Trish Tracy said the American Red Cross will help the family with shelter, medication and food.

Firefighters arrived at the scene of the blaze, in the 2200 block of East Poquita Vista near South Campbell Avenue and East 36th Street, about 1:45 p.m., Tracy said.

Tracy said the fire was caused by heat conduction. The man had been soldering as he installed a new hot water heater. The heat from the soldering caused some flammable materials in the ceiling to catch fire.

Citizen Online Archive, 2006-2009

This archive contains all the stories that appeared on the Tucson Citizen's website from mid-2006 to June 1, 2009.

In 2010, a power surge fried a server that contained all of videos linked to dozens of stories in this archive. Also, a server that contained all of the databases for dozens of stories was accidentally erased, so all of those links are broken as well. However, all of the text and photos that accompanied some stories have been preserved.

For all of the stories that were archived by the Tucson Citizen newspaper's library in a digital archive between 1993 and 2009, go to Morgue Part 2

Search site | Terms of service