Tucson CitizenTucson Citizen

Fatal home fire deemed an accident

A Tucson man died Thursday night after a blaze started in the kitchen of his midtown home.

The accidental fire at the rear of the home caused $20,000 of damage, said Tucson fire Capt. Tricia Tracy.

Numerous 911 calls came in about 10:30 reporting smoke and flames from a duplex in the 3000 block of North Sycamore Boulevard, near North Alvernon Way and East Fort Lowell Road.

Firefighters found the man dead inside.

A woman residing there was not injured.

Two dogs and one cat were rescued by firefighters. A frightened Dalmatian bit a police officer and a firefighter.

Tracy said the woman and the pets will stay with family members.

Citizen Online Archive, 2006-2009

This archive contains all the stories that appeared on the Tucson Citizen's website from mid-2006 to June 1, 2009.

In 2010, a power surge fried a server that contained all of videos linked to dozens of stories in this archive. Also, a server that contained all of the databases for dozens of stories was accidentally erased, so all of those links are broken as well. However, all of the text and photos that accompanied some stories have been preserved.

For all of the stories that were archived by the Tucson Citizen newspaper's library in a digital archive between 1993 and 2009, go to Morgue Part 2

Search site | Terms of service