Public comment sought on transportation plansby Citizen Staff Report on May. 06, 2009, under Local, Special
The public has until May 27 to offer its thoughts on the next set of transportation improvements for Pima County.
The Pima Association of Governments will accept public comments on $1.5 million in regional improvements scheduled to start construction or design in the next five years.
The improvements are part of the federally mandated Transportation Improvement Program, or TIP.
The plan is scheduled to be presented for final PAG approval at its meeting on May 28.
The draft TIP document and comment sheets are available for public comment at PAGnet.org or at the following locations:
• PAG offices, 177 N. Church Ave., Suite 405
• Tucson, South Tucson, Marana, Oro Valley, Sahuarita city engineers’ offices
• Pima County Department of Transportation, 201 N. Stone Ave., seventh floor
• Pascua Yaqui and Tohono O’odham tribal offices
• All branches of the Pima County library system
For more information, call 792-1093.