Tell Ryn what you wantby Ryn Gargulinski on May. 18, 2009, under Local, Special
Welcome to the new TucsonCitizen.com.
Just tell me what you want and I’ll give it to you – to an extent.
I won’t polish your shoes or clean dog doo from your yard, but I will kick off a number of interesting conversations and bring up issues for you to bat around, enhance, deflate or otherwise mutilate.
This is going to be fun.
Yes, you are officially on a Web site dedicated to that new media stuff. Everyone buzzes about “new media” but none have clearly defined it. So we’re going to make it up as we go along. Help as much or as little as you like, but I’m very eager to hear from you.
Free reign is an awesome concept. The last time someone gave it to me they ended up with graffiti all over their white van.
I shan’t, however, deface any property. I’m not even going to be a jerk about limiting comments, although I will remove stuff that attacks other commenters, includes profanity or blames illegal immigrants for every single woe of the world.
Disagree all you want. But do it with a modicum of class. Besides, THAT ANGRY ALL CAPS GETS OLD REAL QUICK.
Topics will not be limited to anything in which I am an expert, or we would be stuck only talking about how to spoil your pet or get a speeding ticket.
Below please find some ideas that got no opposition when I bounced them off my dogs. Feel free to rate any or all of them from A to F. The lowest rating is F = that sounds dumber than those speed cameras. The highest is A = that sounds more fun than cutting your own hair in the dark.
Regular features may include:
1. Gloom and doom balloon – depressing dashes of death, destruction and woe
2. Sunshine in the quagmire – heroes, happiness and healthy living
3. Furry friends file – animal tales (of course)
4. Hollywood headache – all those dumb celebrity stories we like to mock
5. Tales from the freak show – weird, funky and quirky stuff
6. Word-o-rama – enriching vocabulary with word of the day
7. Poem of the day – just a test to see if I can get away with getting paid to read poetry and then post it online
8. Daily Ryn-sights – you’ll Get Gargulinski-ed! reading any of the postings, but this will be a brief daily column on the topic that sticks most in my gullet
9. Daily photos of my pets (I’m kidding).
Looking forward to your comments. Post them below or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (email@example.com).