Memorial Day has the distinction this year of falling on the same day as Cookie Monster’s birthday and Geek Pride Day.
Of the three, of course, Memorial Day is the classiest, a much-needed tribute to the men and women who have sacrificed themselves for our country.
Tucson Memorial Day activities include:
• Memorial Day parade and ceremony at Veteran’s Memorial Park at Tucson Estates, time to be announced
• Rita Ranch’s Memorial Day Service at Purple Heart Park, 10050 E. Rita Road, time to be announced
• F-16 flybys over cemeteries, honoring those who have died for our country, by Arizona Air National Guard’s 162nd Fighter Wing based in Tucson
• Barbecues, picnics and lots of ants
• A lengthy, three-day weekend with a free day Monday (for most folks, or at least for many)
• Sales on couches, appliances and other big items that no one can afford right about now anyway
Tucson Cookie Monster birthday activities may include:
• Binging on Oreos, Fig Newtons and almond creations
• A rush to the store to buy furry blue puppets
Geek Pride Day should contain:
• A Star Trek marathon
• Dressing up as Mr. Spock
• Dressing up as Cookie Monster
Are you perhaps dating a geek and don’t even know it?
Check out the article Top 10 Signs You Are Dating a Geek and other Tucson dating articles at: www.examiner.com/x-5836-Tucson-Dating-Examiner
You may even find some tips that get you a date for Memorial Day.
What’s your favorite thing to do on Memorial Day?
Buy a couch? Eat a cookie? Hang out with a geek?