Never trust a puppy kickerby Ryn Gargulinski on May. 26, 2009, under Family, Local, Special
Some people can’t be trusted. The lot includes those high on heroin, those standing in a doorway with a bloody butcher knife and anyone who hates animals.
One commenter continues to whine about the number of animal stories here.
We are unsure if this person hates animals, but we know he or she doesn’t like reading about them.
Thus we offer some tips for those who don’t appreciate the animal posts:
1. Don’t read anything with the following words in the headline: dog, cat, rat, puppy, kitten, bat, pet, horse, bird, budgie, snake, lizard, capybara, salamander, boa, potbellied pig
2. Also avoid headlines that contain the words “fuzzy” or “furry,” unless it’s a post about mold.
Quick animal facts:
• Kids who abuse animals often grow up to abuse people
• An estimated 63 percent of American homes have some type of pet, according to the American Pet Products Manufacturers Association
• Animals have been successfully used for therapy, companionship and service, helping those who have limited capabilities live a fuller and more independent life
• The Wrestler star Mickey Rourke is so devoted to his Chihuahua, Loki, that he dedicated his recent Independent Spirit Award for Best Actor to the dearly departed pooch
• Happiness is a warm puppy
Do you trust people who hate animals?