Tucson CitizenTucson Citizen

Spring brings hazards to pets, group warns

Citizen Staff Writer



Spring is abloom with foliage, flowers – and plenty of hazards for your pet, says a news release from the Humane Society of Southern Arizona.

Antifreeze is a major hazard and can cause kidney failure, depression, seizures, vomiting and death.

Pets that have ingested antifreeze should be taken to the vet immediately, the release said.

Keep all antifreeze in a sealed, leakproof container, don’t pour any on the ground and check for antifreeze puddles that may have leaked from the car.

The society also warns against poisoning from products such as cleansers, paints, turpentine, bug sprays and other pesticides. Rotten food and old medicines are also hazards.

Keep these products out of pets’ reach and dispose of them properly. Some pets like to rummage through the garbage, so dispose of such waste in containers pets cannot access, the release said.

Our Digital Archive

This blog page archives the entire digital archive of the Tucson Citizen from 1993 to 2009. It was gleaned from a database that was not intended to be displayed as a public web archive. Therefore, some of the text in some stories displays a little oddly. Also, this database did not contain any links to photos, so though the archive contains numerous captions for photos, there are no links to any of those photos.

There are more than 230,000 articles in this archive.

In TucsonCitizen.com Morgue, Part 1, we have preserved the Tucson Citizen newspaper's web archive from 2006 to 2009. To view those stories (all of which are duplicated here) go to Morgue Part 1

Search site | Terms of service