Tucson CitizenTucson Citizen

Cop: 4 teens accused of 9 store robberies

Citizen Staff Writer
Law and Order Report



Four teenagers were arrested Thursday morning in connection with a string of nine convenience store armed robberies, according to police.

The teens were arrested during a 10th attempted robbery, said Sgt. Fabian Pacheco, spokesman for the Tucson Police Department.

Three of the suspects – Gabriel E. Femmster, Anthony J. Minor and Jacob M. Aubry – are 16 years old and the fourth, Brandon R. Frauenfeld, is 15, Pacheco said.

The Tucson Citizen doesn’t usually identify juveniles accused of crimes but is doing so in this article because of the seriousness of the accusations. All four face multiple felony charges of armed robbery, aggravated robbery and aggravated assault, Pacheco said.

Charges for the four vary because police have not sorted out what roles they allegedly played in the robberies.

The teens targeted two of the convenience stores three times in seven days and a third store twice in the same time period, Pacheco said.

On March 29, the Quik Mart in the 3700 block of South Kolb Road was robbed. On April 17 Quik Marts in the 3400 block of South Wilmot Road, the 10200 block of East 22nd Street and the 7600 block of East Escalante Road were hit.

A Circle K in the 8500 block of East 22nd was also robbed that day. Both the Circle K and the Quik Mart on 22nd Street were robbed again on April 21, Pacheco said. The robberies continued Thursday morning with robberies at the Quik Marts on 22nd Street and on Escalante Road.

Police began searching the area for a pickup truck that had been associated with the crimes and found it parked behind the Circle K on 22nd Street.

The suspects fled on foot when approached by police. Three were captured at the scene and the fourth was arrested later in the day, Pacheco said. He said at least one handgun and one pellet gun were used in the robberies.

Four teens arrested in connection with 9 convenience store robberies

Our Digital Archive

This blog page archives the entire digital archive of the Tucson Citizen from 1993 to 2009. It was gleaned from a database that was not intended to be displayed as a public web archive. Therefore, some of the text in some stories displays a little oddly. Also, this database did not contain any links to photos, so though the archive contains numerous captions for photos, there are no links to any of those photos.

There are more than 230,000 articles in this archive.

In TucsonCitizen.com Morgue, Part 1, we have preserved the Tucson Citizen newspaper's web archive from 2006 to 2009. To view those stories (all of which are duplicated here) go to Morgue Part 1

Search site | Terms of service