Tucson CitizenTucson Citizen

Soldering ignites fire, displaces family

Citizen Staff Report
Law and Order Report

Citizen Staff Report


A house fire that did $25,000 of damage Friday has left a man, his wife and dog without a place to live.

Tucson Fire Capt. Trish Tracy said the American Red Cross will help the family with shelter, medication and food.

Firefighters arrived at the scene of the blaze, in the 2200 block of East Poquita Vista near South Campbell Avenue and East 36th Street, about 1:45 p.m., Tracy said.

Tracy said the fire was caused by heat conduction. The man had been soldering as he installed a new hot water heater. The heat from the soldering caused some flammable materials in the ceiling to catch fire.

Our Digital Archive

This blog page archives the entire digital archive of the Tucson Citizen from 1993 to 2009. It was gleaned from a database that was not intended to be displayed as a public web archive. Therefore, some of the text in some stories displays a little oddly. Also, this database did not contain any links to photos, so though the archive contains numerous captions for photos, there are no links to any of those photos.

There are more than 230,000 articles in this archive.

In TucsonCitizen.com Morgue, Part 1, we have preserved the Tucson Citizen newspaper's web archive from 2006 to 2009. To view those stories (all of which are duplicated here) go to Morgue Part 1

Search site | Terms of service