Tucson CitizenTucson Citizen

Fatal home fire deemed accident

Citizen Staff Writer

Citizen Staff Report


A Tucson man died Thursday night after a blaze started in the kitchen of his midtown home.

The accidental fire at the rear of the home caused $20,000 of damage, said Tucson fire Capt. Tricia Tracy.

Numerous 911 calls came in about 10:30 reporting smoke and flames from a duplex in the 3000 block of North Sycamore Boulevard, near North Alvernon Way and East Fort Lowell Road.

Firefighters found the man dead inside.

A woman residing there was not injured.

Two dogs and one cat were rescued by firefighters. A frightened Dalmatian bit a police officer and a firefighter.

Tracy said the woman and the pets will stay with family members.

Our Digital Archive

This blog page archives the entire digital archive of the Tucson Citizen from 1993 to 2009. It was gleaned from a database that was not intended to be displayed as a public web archive. Therefore, some of the text in some stories displays a little oddly. Also, this database did not contain any links to photos, so though the archive contains numerous captions for photos, there are no links to any of those photos.

There are more than 230,000 articles in this archive.

In TucsonCitizen.com Morgue, Part 1, we have preserved the Tucson Citizen newspaper's web archive from 2006 to 2009. To view those stories (all of which are duplicated here) go to Morgue Part 1

Search site | Terms of service