Citizen Staff Writer
RealFAST ONLINE COMMENTS
Compiled by BILLIE STANTON
The story: President Obama’s potential Supreme Court justice choices include Janet Napolitano, former Arizona governor-turned-secretary of Homeland Security.
Your take: You must be joking! Most of our online commentators lambaste Napolitano, but a few fans weigh in on her behalf:
• “Will someone please wake me up from this nightmare? I can’t take too much more of this.” – Bubba
• “It doesn’t matter (whom) Obama recommends – it will be a leftist liberal who doesn’t believe in God, who stands for killing babies and will want to change the definition of marriage.” – Powersgrandma
• “I’m afraid, grandma, what is doomed is your evil philosophy of imperialism, racism, homophobia, sexism, oppression and death. Stick a fork in it!” – leftfield
• “This woman couldn’t even govern well, then was promoted to Homeland Security where she is performing even worse . . . and then Obama would consider her for the Supreme Court? When does all this bad judgment end?” – Aztxslady1
• “Judicial system does need Napolitano’s eloquence, poise, judgment, character, perseverance and, definitely, multicultural experience. She’s qualified. I predict she’ll be assigned to wear a judicial judge robe.” – Az Intelligence9377
LOCAL NEWS STORIES
For Thursday, May 14
1 Cavalry soldiers exhumed here to be reburied in Sierra Vista.
2 The Bounce: UA dodges fallout over Floyd’s alleged cash for Mayo.
3 Obama considering Napolitano for Supreme Court.